Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A New Homeschool Year

As I start a new year of learning with my children, I am trying to remember to keep my priorities in order. What are the goals for them this year? Spiritually,academically, manners etc. Of all the goals I never want to lose sight of the supreme goal, their salvation.
As they walk through the day with me am I an example of a Christian as a wife,mother, friend, daughter, sister, neighbor, stranger? I fail so often, but I pray they see Jesus through my struggles, as I learn to walk closer to my Savior each day.
I am so thankful to be home with my children to see them grow spiritually, physically, and academically. I hope I make every moment count.
I am learning to be flexible. Our first week of school they came to me and said "Mom this science is BORING!" They had all these reasons why the book was boring and why they did not need this science. And how it was much better last year. (same publisher) I had to laugh! My son actually said "I am not going to be a scientist mom" What did I hear?? I guess my kids are normal. I thought I would never hear this excuse out of them! Well like a smart mama I picked that book up flipped through it and was like whoa this does look BORING! Oh, by the way I said that to myself NOT out loud! The typical textbook lots of words little pictures and dry. We agreed that they could have a year of searching out Science on our massive science bookshelf! That was more appealing to them than this textbook, and to be honest for me as well! What an adventure we will have this year for science! Some of the books cover magnets, physics, nature, animals, human body, reptiles, birds, botany, space, earth, weather, geology, fossils...should make for an interesting science year. Maybe just maybe I will make a scientist out of him yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment